Center for Nonprofit Leadership > Planned Giving Initiative
Preserving Legacies Securing the Future of Ventura County
The Planned Giving Initiative was launched in 2007 to expand the source of planned gifts to benefit Ventura County. Working in concert with the Center for Nonprofit Leadership, the goal is to strengthen nonprofits in their capacity to develop planned gifts.
The PGI is designed to assist nonprofits, donors, and financial advisors in creating personal legacies and investing in the future of Ventura County. We would be proud to partner with you in your philanthropic endeavors.
VCCF can help you build and sustain your endowment through the following services:
- Open office hours for non-profit volunteers, board and staff, as well as donors and professional advisors wishing to discuss planned gifts in a confidential setting
- Participation in the annual Planned Giving Institute, providing a select group of non-profits with consulting services for a deeply discounted fee. Services may involve Board presentations, staff training, marketing strategies, gift acceptance policies, etc.
- Professional, experienced investment, management and oversight of endowment funds with no conflicts of interest
- VCCF Charitable Gift Annuities, which can be designated for a specific VCCF endowment or distributed directly to the non-profit chosen by the donor
- Access to a wide variety of resources and workshops through the VCCF Center for Nonprofit Leadership.
VCCF is available to help you share your legacy with the causes you support while achieving your financial and charitable goals
- We offer confidential discussions regarding giving options to help the charities of your choice
- We provide sample illustrations for giving vehicles, including charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts
- A VCCF Charitable Gift Annuity offers a variety of benefits, including guaranteed lifetime income. The remainder can be distributed to an endowment fund at VCCF supporting a nonprofit you care about or distributed directly to the charity of your choice
- A wide variety of resources and workshops regarding charitable giving and nonprofits is available at the VCCF Center for Nonprofit Leadership.
- Opportunities to benefit specific charities or general support in perpetuity to the community
For Professional Advisors
VCCF offers the following services to assist professional advisors in meeting their clients’ goals:
- Open office hours for donors and professional advisors wishing to discuss planned gifts in a confidential setting
- Preparation of charitable gift illustrations on behalf of your clients
- A host of products available to your clients, including endowment opportunities, donor-advised funds and scholarship and/or memorial funds
- Flexibility to receive non-traditional assets as charitable gifts
- Opportunities for clients to leave a legacy benefiting Ventura County, its charities and its communities
For further information on Planned Giving Initiative, please contact Dena C. Jenson, Vice President, Center for Non-Profit Leadership, at (805)-988-0196 x128