Donor Giving > Benefits of Agency Endowments
Photo Credit: Courtesy of the Ojai Music Festival.
The Ojai Music Festival has an endowment at VCCF that helps it fund its youth programs.
Agency endowments: How and why to open a fund
Charitable organizations committed to providing services over extended periods of time can be immeasurably strengthened by a permanent endowment program. Research shows the larger an agency endowment grows the more capital it is likely to attract.
What endowment funds do:
- Stabilize your operations, allow for long-range financial planning that gives you the means to weather volatile times.
- Provide a reliable source of income for the life of the organization.
Income from the endowment can provide critically needed funds that enable an organization to:
- Supplement annual operating programs beyond current year funding.
- Allocate seed money for new programs which cannot be supported through normal annual campaign funds.
- Accumulate funds to replace and renew physical facilities.
- Help sustain an organization in case of emergency or serious cutbacks in annual giving.
- Promote an agency across a wider range of constituents and supporters.
- Provide a vehicle for planned or deferred gifts from donors.
For a list of agency endowments, click here
Setting up your agency endowment with VCCF is simple. All that is required is:
- A name for your fund
- A purpose for your fund, such as what programs you wish to support
- Approval of your board and the minutes that reflect that approval
- A copy of your Articles of Incorporation.
- A minimum contribution of $1,000 with an agreement to raise at least $10,000 in endowment funds within 4 years.
For more information or to open a fund, contact: